A Guide to Choosing the Right C-section Steel
What is a C section?
Table of Contents
- What is a C section?
- Advantages of C-beam steel structure
- Types of C-beams
- Specification categories of C section steel
- Process flow of C section steel
- What are the main uses of c-beams?
- What is the difference between C-beam and channel steel?
- What is the difference between C-beam and Z-beam?
- When to choose C-beam?
- How to choose c-beam manufacturers reasonably?
A C section steel is a steel section with a C-shaped cross-section, which has three sides and forms a “C” shape. This form of column is weaker than other columns, but it also reduces the cost of the project, and is automatically formed by a C-beam forming machine, which can automatically complete the C-beam forming process according to the given C-beam dimensions.
In the actual construction, there are also many advantages of C-beam.
Advantages of C-beam steel structure
- First, steel structure housing can better meet the requirements of flexible separation of large openings on the building than traditional buildings, and can improve the area utilization rate by reducing the cross-sectional area of columns and using lightweight wall panels, and the effective usable area inside the house is increased by about 6%.
- Second, good energy-saving effect, the wall using light energy-saving standardized C-shaped steel, square steel, sandwich panel, good insulation performance, good seismic degree. Energy saving 50%, Third, the steel structure system for residential buildings can give full play to the ductility of the steel structure, plastic deformation capacity, has excellent seismic and wind resistance performance, greatly improving the safety and reliability of the residential. Especially in the case of earthquake and typhoon, the steel structure can avoid the collapse of the building damage.
- Fourth, the total weight of the building is light. The self-weight of the steel structure residential system is light, about half of that of the concrete structure, which can greatly reduce the foundation cost. Fifth, the construction speed is fast, the construction period is at least one-third shorter than the traditional housing system, a 1000 square meters only 20 days, five workers to complete. Sixth, the environmental protection effect is good. Steel structure housing construction greatly reduces the amount of sand, stone and ash, and the materials used are mainly green, 100% recycled or degraded materials. When the building is dismantled, most of the materials can be reused or degraded and will not cause garbage.
- Seven, with flexibility and abundance. Large openings are designed, and the space inside the house can be divided in multiple schemes, which can meet different needs of users.
- Eight, in line with the requirements of residential industrialization and sustainable development
- There are many advantages of C-beam, in general, C-beam is durable, comprehensive protection, toughness, good reliability, saving time and effort, and most importantly, low cost.
Types of C-beams
Galvanized C section steel, hot-dip galvanized cable bridge C section steel, glass bay C section steel, glass curtain wall C section steel, alignment channel C section steel, reinforced C section steel, double hold C section steel, single side C section steel, manual forklift C section steel, unequal side C section steel, straight side C section steel, beveled side C section steel, inner rolled side C section steel, inner beveled side C section steel, roof (wall) purlin C section steel, automotive profile C section steel, highway column C section steel, Solar bracket C section steel (21-80 series), template support C section steel, precision C section steel for equipment, etc.
Specification categories of C section steel
C-beam purlins are divided into five specifications of 80, 100, 120, 140 and 160 according to different heights. The length can be determined according to the engineering design, but considering the conditions of transportation and installation, the full length generally does not exceed 12 meters.
Specification table of C section steel
|Size lazy calculator||The measure of area||The weight of the||The center of gravity||Bending of the heart||The section parameter|
C section theoretical weight gauge /C section specifications and technical parameters
|Size Lazy calculator||The measure of area||The weight of the||The center of gravity||Bending of the heart|
Process flow of C section steel
Unloading ① Leveling ② Forming ③ Straightening ④ Straightening ⑤ Length measurement ⑥ Punching round holes for tension bars ⑦ Punching elliptical connection holes ⑧ Forming and cutting ⑨ Quality testing
Main steps of C-beam processing
C section steel is the process of processing and manufacturing after heating and pressing rolls of variable cooling and bending, steel wall thickness book, excellent cross-sectional properties, high strength, this steel as a force member of the seismic bracket, with a variety of parts flexible combination, can form a complete structural system, there are scales on the surface of this type of steel.
Next, the production process of this type of steel is introduced.
- Step 1: Adding metal materials, C-beam is made by processing heated coiled plates by performing cold-forming
- Step 2: Straightening, which is done with the full assistance of this type of steel forming machine and the supervision of workers around
- Step 3: Forming, by this step C section steel has a basic shape
- Step 4: shaping, at this point you can see the steel of C section steel.
- Step 5: flattening, the shape alone is not possible, it must be corrected slowly, the standard of C section steel must be in line with our standards.
- Step 6: Measure the length, mainly measure the specific length.
- Step 7: punching through the ribbed round hole, to this step immediately close to success
- Step 8: Connect the holes with ellipses. This step is purely followed by the previous step
- Step 9: Forming and cutting the above content is the production and production process of C section steel, about the above production and production, you can better understand the production and production process of this type of material steel, its content can also show the quality of this steel.
What are the main uses of c-beams?
C-beam is the most common occasion in residential construction, which means that this steel has advantages as a building material, and it has not only strong sturdiness, but also high stability. In the same application, compared with the aluminum alloy previously used, c-beam not only has the advantages of unique shape and less usage, but also has good environmental performance.
Among various building structures, mobile house is the biggest beneficiary of c-beam. The purlins of the mobile house can be made not only from c-beam, but also the brackets and beams from c-beam. In addition, it can be assembled into light roof frames, brackets and other building components by itself to meet different requirements.
In order to facilitate the processing of c-beams, a special c-beam forming machine is developed, which can automatically complete the processing of different types of c-beams according to the size required by users. Of course, with the development of c-beams, its application is far more than that, and its shadow will be found in various fields of various industries.
There are many kinds of c-beams, including open section steel, semi-closed section steel and closed section steel. The main products are cold-formed channels, angles, Z-beams, cold-formed corrugated steel sheets, square pipes, rectangular pipes, welded shaped steel pipes, roll-up doors, etc. C-beams are generally produced with thickness less than 6mm and width less than 500mm. commonly used domestic specifications are equilateral angles (limb length 25-75mm), internal crimped angles (limb length 40-75mm), channels (height 25-250mm), internal crimped channels ( height 60-250mm), crimped Z-beam (height 100-180mm) and more than 400 specifications and varieties. The products are widely used in mining, construction, agricultural machinery, transportation, bridges, petrochemical, light industry, electronics and other industries.
C section steel is the main material of light steel structure, it is cold-formed from steel plate or steel strip. Its wall thickness can not only be very thin, but also greatly simplifies the production process and improves the production efficiency. It can be used to produce various profiles and C sections with uniform wall thickness and complex cross-sectional shape, which are difficult to produce by ordinary hot rolling. c sections are widely used not only in various building structures, but also in automobile manufacturing and agricultural machinery manufacturing. c sections are available in many types, including segmented, semi-closed and closed. By shape, there are cold-formed channels, angles, Z-beams, square tubes, rectangular tubes, shaped tubes, roll-up doors, etc.
According to GB6725-92, C section steel is cold-formed from ordinary negative carbon structural steel, high quality carbon structural steel, low alloy structural steel plate or steel strip. c section steel is an economical and efficient steel section and energy-saving material. It is a new type of steel with strong vitality. It is widely used in various fields of national economy. Its uses can be divided into 10 categories: highway guardrail plates, steel structures, automobiles, containers, steel formwork and scaffolding, railroad vehicles, ships and bridges, steel sheet piles, power transmission towers, etc.
What is the difference between C-beam and channel steel?
Channel steel is produced by hot rolling, directly supplied by steel mills, and is thicker; C section steel is produced by cold rolling of strip steel, generally supplied by steel mills, and is thinner. In addition, their sections are not quite the same, the channel is straight edge, C section is rolled edge.
C section steel: C section steel are automatically processed and formed by C section steel forming machine. C section steel forming machine can automatically complete the C section steel forming process according to the given C section steel size.
Channel steel: Channel steel is a long steel with a groove-shaped cross section, which is a carbon structural steel for construction and machinery, and is a section steel with a complex cross section, whose cross section shape is groove-shaped.
C section steel: C section steel is widely used in purlins and wall beams of steel structure buildings, and can also be combined into light weight roof frames, brackets and other building components by itself. In addition, it can also be used in mechanical light manufacturing of columns, beams and arms, etc.
Channel steel: Channel steel is mainly used in building structure, curtain wall engineering, mechanical equipment and vehicle manufacturing, etc.
C section steel: galvanized C section steel, hot-dip galvanized cable bridge C section steel, glass slot C section steel, glass curtain wall C section steel, alignment channel C section steel, reinforced C section steel, double-hold C section steel, single-sided C section steel, manual forklift C section steel,
Unequal C section, straight C section, beveled C section, inner rolled C section, inner beveled C section, roof (wall) purlin C section, auto profile C section, highway column C section, solar bracket C section (21-80 series), formwork support C section, precision C section for equipment, etc.
Channel steel: Channel steel is divided into ordinary channel steel and light channel steel. The specifications of hot-rolled common channel are 5-40#. The specifications of hot-rolled variant channels supplied by agreement between supply and demand are 6.5-30#. Channels are mainly used in building structures, vehicle manufacturing, other industrial structures and fixed cabinets, etc. Channels are also often used in conjunction with I-beams.
Channels can be divided into 4 types according to shape: cold-formed equal-sided channels, cold-formed unequal-sided channels, cold-formed inward-rolled channels, cold-formed outward-rolled channels.
According to the theory of steel structure, the channel should be stressed by the flange, that is to say, the channel should be standing, not lying down.
What is the difference between C-beam and Z-beam?
The angle of C-beam and Z-beam is different, C-beam is 90 degrees and Z-beam is less than 90 degrees, so the angle of purlin should be considered in combination with the knowledge of force when using purlin for certain slope of roof, and Z-beam can make full use of its bending resistance when the slope is large. C section compared with Z section, the mechanical properties of the strong and weak axes are different, and the connection with the steel frame is mostly bolt articulation, the calculation must be considered according to the simple support. Therefore, from the point of view of the state of force, structure and calculation results, the latter is more reasonable. Therefore, except for the door and window openings and other special node processing needs, should give priority to the use of Z-shaped steel section. When the slope of the roof is small, the modulus of the Z section is slightly larger than that of the C section, but the difference is not big. Therefore, Z purlin is suitable for roofs with large slope.
When to choose C-beam?
With the continuous improvement of cold-forming technology, cold-formed steel is used as the main material in light steel buildings. c-beam can be produced automatically by c-beam forming machine, so it is widely used in steel plants and steel structure projects. the angle of c-beam purlin is 90 degrees, so when the roof slope is small, you can choose c-beam.
Two details that cannot be ignored when buying c-beams:
Quality C-beam surface like a mirror, no graininess, unevenness, no scratches. Generally the smoother the surface of C-beam, the purer the material used; otherwise, it indicates that the material contains more impurities and should not be purchased to avoid unnecessary trouble in use.
C-beam must be selected with the actual use requirements, because the thickness of C-beam affects its load-bearing strength. If used in large buildings, you need to choose a thicker C-beam with better bearing strength, otherwise accidents may occur if the C-beam is too thin.
In order to ensure the quality and safety of the use of c-beams, the above two points are key factors that cannot be ignored when purchasing c-beams. We hope consumers can understand and ensure to choose the right c-beam products.
How to choose c-beam manufacturers reasonably?
As the current construction industry is hot, the number of c-beam manufacturers developing is increasing day by day. As we all know, many buildings use c-beams for processing during the specific construction. As many purchasers lack the relevant professional knowledge, they are at a loss when it comes to specific purchases. Today, we will introduce some considerations about choosing c-beam manufacturers.
- First, look at the strength of the manufacturer. When choosing a c-beam manufacturer, it is extremely important to choose a strong production company. If a c-beam manufacturer has a more advanced level of technology and strong strength, the quality of the c-beam products produced by the manufacturer is generally more reliable. In addition, the strength of the c-beam manufacturers can produce fixed models of c-beam products, but also according to the actual needs of customers to produce the design of special steel products, which is the strength of other mediocre c-beam manufacturers do not have the ability.
- Second, look at the production equipment. c-beam manufacturers are very important to know the specific production equipment in detail, if the production equipment is not advanced, there is no guarantee that the quality of its production c-beam can be high. A more advanced steel production company will generally use welding technology and equipment for the production of C-beam components such as welding, but also with other excellent equipment, in a shorter period of time to produce higher quality C-beam products, and thus maximize the customer’s orders to meet the requirements.
- Third, look at the market reputation. c-beam products, like other market goods, will get objective evaluation from all sides of the market, when choosing a specific manufacturer, you can go deep into the consumer crowd for quality, service and other aspects of the investigation, to see how the manufacturer has served the crowd on the product evaluation, you can also search online for relevant evaluation information, if the online and offline evaluation of the c-beam manufacturers are still good, it is recommended If the online and offline evaluations of the C-beam manufacturer are good, then it is recommended that people buy this c-beam product.
The choice of c-beam manufacturers is a matter of late construction quality, so we must be careful when choosing, comprehensive manufacturers, production equipment and market reputation and other alarming comprehensive consideration to ensure that we find a c-beam manufacturer suitable for their requirements.
Source: China C-section Steel Manufacturer – Yaang Pipe Industry Co., Limited (www.epowermetals.com)