Type: 316 SWG
Material: 316 (UNS S31600)
Pressure: 150LB (150#)
Size: 1″ (DN25)
Outer and inner rings: 316 (UNS S31600)
Winding Material & Filler Material: 316 (UNS S31600)
Spiral wound gasket (SWG) is widely used as a high integrity and sustainable gasket. SWG fillers and alloys of various sizes and shapes are available. Yaang also provides non-circular spiral wound gaskets, manhole and handhole spiral wound gaskets, as well as inner and outer rings for spiral wound gaskets only. Suitable for flange, valve, pump, heat exchanger, etc.
China Spiral Wound Gaskets Manufacturer www.epowermetals.com offers ASME B16.20 316.316/FG.316 SWG, 1 Inch, 150LB.
|Steel Grade||Chemical Composition (%)|
What is a spiral wound gasket?
Spiral Wound Gasket is composed of a steel outer ring, a spiral wound sealing strip filler and a special steel inner ring. It is created by winding alternating strips of metal and filler material.
Outer guide ring is fitted to centralise the gasket between the bolts and to act as a compression limiter. Inner ring is fitted to reduce the gap between the inside diameter of the gasket and the bore of the flange.
It is widely used in moderate to critical services in various industries. They are most suitable for the gaskets subject to extreme temperature or pressure cycling, shock or vibration. These gaskets have the best resistance property when compare with other metal and asbestos type gaskets.
ASME B16.20 Spiral Wound Gasket, which is sophistically made by spirally winding a pre-formed metal strip and stuffing on the external periphery of metal winding mandrels. Moreover, our gaskets find extensive application in oil refineries power plants, petro chemical industries and marine fertilizer industries. Further, these spiral wound metallic gaskets are well known for its strength and brilliant performance.
ASME B16.20 Spiral Wound gasket is available in different materials in accordance to ASME B 16.20 for use in all industry flanges, including ASME/ANSI B16.5, ASME B16.47, Series A & B. Winding Materials include Stainless Steel, Inconel, Monel, Nickel, Titanium, etc.
Types of spiral wound gasket:
- Centering gasket (Style CG): utilizes an external ring which accurately centers gasket on flange face. It provide an additional radial strength to prevent the gasket blow-out and acts as a compression stop. A general purpose gasket suitable for both flat face and raised face flanges.
- Centering gasket with inner ring (Style CGI). This style is similar to style CG, but it additionally consists of an inner ring. The outer ring is used for centering and the internal ring used as an additional compression limiting stop. The internal ring also serves as a barrier to protect the gasket from heat and corrosion.
- Reinforced spiral wound gasket (Style R): a basic configuration of spiral wound gasket. The Inner and outer diameters are reinforced with several plies of metal without filler to give greater stability and better compression and sealing characteristics.
- Reinforced inner ring spiral wound gasket (Style RIR): a style of the gasket, the solid inner metal ring acts as a compression stop and fills the annular space between flange bore and the inside diameter of the gasket. It is designed to prevent accumulation of solids, reduce turbulent flow of process fluids and minimize erosion at flange faces.
There are three components in spiral wound gasket:
- Outer Ring
- Winding Material (Filler & Metal Strip)
- Inner Ring
The filler material can be graphite, PTFE, ceramic or other material depends on the service of the fluid. Spot welding normally secures the inner and outer ends of the strip that wrap the filler material; the gasket is contained loosely in an outer backing ring.
When you order the gasket,please specify the size,pressure and material for the gasket
- ASME B16.20 Spiral Wound Gasket 4″ 150lb Ss316L/Graphite with CS Outer Ring
- 20in 150# SS316L Metal Graphite Spiral Wound Gasket ASME B16.20
- 18in 900# SS316L Spiral Wound Gasket 316L Graphite B16.20
- 14in 600# RF sprial wound graphite filled gasket SS316L inner ring