Type: Slip On Flange
Material: Alloy C276 (Hastelloy C276/UNS N10276)
Size: 4″ (DN100)
Class: 150# (CL150/Class 150)
Standard: ASME B16.5
Chemical Composition – Alloy C276 (Hastelloy C276/UNS N10276)
Table of Contents
- 1 Chemical Composition – Alloy C276 (Hastelloy C276/UNS N10276)
- 2 C Co Cr Fe Mn Mo Ni P S Si V W Max Max Max Max Max Max Max 0.01% 2.5% 14.5% -16.5% 4-7% 1.0% 15 -17% BAL .04% 0.03% 0.08% 0.35% 3-4.5%
- 3 Mechanical & Physical Properties – Alloy C276 (Hastelloy C276/UNS N10276)
- 4 What is a slip on flange?
- 5 Main characteristics of slip on flange
- 6 How does the slip on flange work?
- 7 Application of slip on flange
- 8 Characteristics of slip on flange
Mechanical & Physical Properties – Alloy C276 (Hastelloy C276/UNS N10276)
|Melting Point||1370 °C (2500 °F)|
|Tensile Strength||Psi – 1,15,000 , MPa – 790|
|Yield Strength (0.2%Offset)||Psi – 52000 , MPa – 355|
|Flange Dimensions & Approximate Masses|
|ANSI, ASME, ASA, B16.5 150lb/sq.in. SLIP ON FLANGE RF / FF|
What is a slip on flange?
Among the various types of forged flanges, there are some slip types, commonly referred to as slip on flanges. This is a low cost and easy to install flange.
Main characteristics of slip on flange
Slip on flanges are known for their low material costs and ease of installation. Another advantage of these flanges is that they can also be used as lap flanges if type B or type C ends are treated.
A variety of diameters and low pressure models are available. Unlike the butt welding flange, this flange has no neck support on the pipe, so it needs to be welded on both sides.
How does the slip on flange work?
Before welding, the flat welding flange must be slid into the pipe. In this case, it is a double welded internal and external, thus providing the durability required to avoid leakage. Their pressure resistance is about 2 / 3 of that of butt welding flange. Slip on flanges are suitable for low pressure applications and are easy to install and weld to different pipes. In addition, welding helps to reduce manufacturing costs.
The slip on flange does not need to have large longitudinal space in the pipeline for installation. In addition, they do not require precise cutting in the pipe and are not difficult to align.
Application of slip on flange
They are mainly used for fluids with low pressure or low risk of leakage. Nowadays, it is very common to find these flanges in cooling water pipe line, fire water pipe line, low pressure compressed air pipeline and process pipeline of steam, oil, gas, condensate, etc., but remember that the material to be distributed is low pressure, and the working conditions are not harsh.
Characteristics of slip on flange
- Low cost.
- Easy to assemble and install.
- They occupy the minimum longitudinal space of the flange.
- They have a wide range of diameters.
- Not recommended for high voltage applications.
- Not recommended for use with hazardous liquids or gases.