Type: UNS N06600 Seamless Pipe
Material: Inconel 600 (UNS N06600/2.4816)
- Pipe OD: 60.3 MM (DN50/2 Inch); WT: SCH80S (5.54 MM)
Standard: ASTM B167
Length: Normally fixed length 6m, can as per customer’s requirement.
End: Beveled End,Plain End
What is UNS N06600?
Inconel 600 is a nickel chromium alloy, which has good oxidation resistance at high temperature and good corrosion resistance in Carburizing and chlorine containing environment.
Inconel 600 is a nichrome alloy designed for low to high temperatures of 2000 degrees Fahrenheit (1093 degrees Celsius). The high nickel content of the alloy enables it to maintain a considerable resistance under reduction conditions and to resist the corrosion of a variety of organic and inorganic compounds. The content of nickel makes it have excellent resistance to chloride ion stress corrosion cracking, and also provides excellent resistance to alkaline solution.
Its chromium content makes the alloy resistant to sulfur compounds and various oxidation environments. The chromium content of the alloy makes it superior to industrial pure nickel under oxidation conditions. In strong oxidizing solutions, such as hot concentrated nitric acid, the resistance of 600 is very poor. Alloy 600 is relatively resistant to most neutral and alkaline salt solutions and is used in some corrosive environments. The alloy resists a mixture of steam and steam, air and carbon dioxide.
|Standards:||ASTM B163, B166, B167, B168, B516, B517, B564, B366, AMS 5540, 5665, B751, B775, B829|
Chemical Composition, % of Inconel 600 (UNS N06600/Alloy 600)
|Chemical composition %|
|UNS||N 06600; Alloy 600|
Mechanical Property of Inconel 600 (UNS N06600/Alloy 600) Seamless Pipes
|* O.D of SMLS Pipe||Tensile Strength min.
|Yield Strength min.
|Mechanical Properties of hot-rolled annealed Inconel 600(UNS N06600) seamless pipes|
|O.D ≤ 5″ (127mm)||80000 (550)||30000 (205)||35|
|O.D > 5″ (127mm)||75000 (515)||25000 (170)||35|
|Mechanical Properties of cold-drawn annealed Inconel 600(UNS N06600) seamless pipes|
|O.D ≤ 5″ (127mm)||80000 (550)||35000 (240)||30|
|O.D > 5″ (127mm)||80000 (550)||30000 (205)||35|
*O.D refers to the outside diameter of the seamless pipe.
*1″ = 25.4 mm
Applications of Incoloy 600
- Jet engines
- Exhaust liners
- High temperature airframe components
- High temperature engine
- Turbine seals
- Combustion-can liners
- Containment rings in gas turbines
- Diffuser assembles
- Jet-engine igniters
- Chemical and process industries
- Bubble towers
- Condensers for processing of fatty acids
- Evaporator tubes
- Flaking trays
- Tube sheets
- Catalyst grid supports in equipment for nitric acid production
- Combustor components
- Condenser tubes in sour-water
- Insulating cans in ammonia reformers
- Process heaters
- Thermal processing
- Roller hearths
- Furnace components
- Heat-treating baskets
- Heat-treating trays
- Petrochemical processing
- Air preheaters
- Catalyst regenerators
- Waste processing
- Combustion chambers in solidwaste incinerators
- Thermal reactors in exhaust systems of gasoline engines
- Power generation
- Ashhandling systems
- Grid barriers
- Superheater tube supports
Production chart of UNS N06600 Seamless Pipe
1. Cold Rolling (Cold drawn) Pipe Production Processes
Round Pipe Billet → Heating → Perforation → Head → Annealing → Pickling → Oil (Copper) → Multi Pass Drawing (Cold Rolling) → Billet → Heat Treatment → Straightening → Water Pressure Test → Marking → Storage
2. Hot Rolling Pipe Production Processes
Round Pipe Billet → Heating → Perforation → Three Roll Skew Rolling, Continuous Rolling or Extrusion → Off Pipe → Sizing (Or Reducing Diameter)→ Cooling → Billet → Straightening → Water Pressure Test ( Or Flaw Detection) → Marking → Storage
3. Longitudinal Welding (Straight Seam Welding) Pipe Production Processes
Including ERW, EFW.
Steel pipe wall thickness (ASME B36.10 & B36.19)
|Nominal Pipe Size||Outside diameter||Wall thickness|
|SCH 5S||SCH 10S||SCH STD (40S)||SCH XS||SCH 160S||SCH XXS|
|The dimensions are in millimeters|
|Sources : ASME B36.19, ASME B36.10|
PERMISSIBLE VARIATIONS IN OUTSIDE DIAMETERA AND WALL THICKNESS Permissible Variations In Outside Diametera And Wall Thickness
- (1) Pipe and tube having a nominal wall thickness fo 3% or less of the nominal ouside diameter. The mean outside diameter shall conform to the permissible variations of Table 3 and individual measurements (including ovality) shall conform to the plus and minus values of the table, with the values increased by 0.5% of the nominal ouside diameter.
- (2) The mean ouside diameter for pipe and tube over 4 1/2 in. (114 mm) in outside diameter with a nominal wall thickness greater than 3% of the nominal ouside diameter shall conform to the permissible variations of this table, and individual measurements shall not exceed twice the permissible variations of the table.
|Specified Outside Diameter||Permissible Variations|
|Outside||Thickness of Specified||Thickness of Specifined|
|Diameter, in (mm)||Average Wall, %||Minimum Wall, %|
|Cold-Worked Pipe and Tube:|
|0.500(13) to 5/8(16), excl||0.005(0.13)||0.005(0.13)||15||15||30||0|
|5/8(16) to 1 1/2(38), incl||0.0075(0.19)||0.0075(0.19)||10||10||20||0|
|Over 1 1/2(38) to 3 1/2(89), incl||0.010(0.25)||0.010(0.25)||10||10||22||0|
|Over 3 1/2(89) to 4 1/2(114), incl||0.015(0.38)||0.015(0.38)||10||10||22||0|
|Over 4 1/2(114) to 3 1/2(152), incl||0.020(0.51)||0.020(0.51)||12.5||12.5||25||0|
|Over 6(152) to 6 1/2(168), incl||0.25(0.64)||0.25(0.64)||12.5||12.5||25||0|
|Hot-Finished Tube A,B:|
|1 1/2(38.1) to 5 1/2(139.7), excl||0.031(0.79)||0.031(0.79)||12.5||12.5||28.5||0|
|5 1/2(139.7) to 9 1/2(234.5) incl||0.047(1.19)||0.047(1.19)||12.5||12.5||28.5||0|
- A. The wall thickness tolerances for hot-finished tubes includeseccentricity tolerance up to ±12.5%.
- B. For hot-finished 5 in. (127.0mm) and under in outside diameter, the tolerances on the ouside diameter apply for individual measurements and include ovality. For tubes over 5 in. ion outside diameter, the mean ouside diameter shall comform to the permissible variations of this table andindividual measurements shall not be twice the permissible variations for this table.
Heat Treatment of Inconel 600 (UNS N06600/Alloy 600)
Alloy 600 is not an age hardening alloy; cold working is the only available means of hardening. Softening by annealing begins at about 1600°F (871°C), and is reasonably complete after 10 to 15 minutes of heating at 1800°F (982°C). Above this temperature, grain growth may be objectionable, although very brief heating at 1900°F will cause complete softening without undue grain growth. Since the rate of cooling has no effect on the softening, the material may be water quenched or air cooled.
Workability of Inconel 600 (UNS N06600/Alloy 600)
Low sulfur reducing furnace atmospheres should be used in forging. Major hot working should be done between 2300/1850°F, while light working may be continued as low as 1600°F. No hot working should be attempted between 1600/1200°F due to lower ductility in that range.
Machinability of Inconel 600 (UNS N06600/Alloy 600)
Alloy 600 is machinable in both the hot worked and annealed conditions. Because considerable heat is generated in machining this alloy, high-speed steel, cast nonferrous or cemented carbide tools should be used. The tools should be kept sharp.
Lathe turning speeds with high-speed and nonferrous tools are 35/45 sfm (0.18/0.23 m/s); speeds with cemented carbide tools are 100/175 sfm (0.51/0.89 m/s). (This data should be used as a guide for initial machine setup only. The figures used are averages. On certain work, the nature of the part may require adjustment of speeds and feeds.)
Sulfur-based oil should be used as a lubricant, but should be completely removed before the machined part is exposed to elevated temperatures, as in welding.
Cold Working of Inconel 600 (UNS N06600/Alloy 600)
For higher properties, alloy 600 can be cold worked below 1200°F (649°C).
Welding of Inconel 600 (UNS N06600/Alloy 600)
Alloy 600 can be joined by the usual welding , brazing, and soldering process.
China Alloy Steel Pipe Manufacturer www.epowermetals.com offers ASTM B167 UNS N06600 Seamless Pipe, 60.3*5.54*2700MM, HT: 139-457.