BS EN 10253-2-2007 Standard Specification
What is BS EN 10253-2-2007 Standard?
BS EN 10253-2-2007 is a European standard specifying the technical delivery conditions for seamless and welded butt-weld fittings (elbows, tees, reducers, caps and crosses) made of carbon and alloy steel for pressure purposes. This standard applies to fittings with a maximum wall thickness of 60 mm at room temperature and a maximum rated pressure of 420 bar.
This standard is divided into two parts, with Part 2 dealing specifically with butt-weld fittings. It covers the material, design, testing and inspection requirements for these fittings, as well as marking and documentation requirements.
A key benefit of using fittings that comply with BS EN 10253-2-2007 is that they have been tested and certified to meet certain performance and safety standards. This means they can be used with confidence in a wide range of industrial applications, including oil and gas, petrochemical and power generation.
The standard also includes specific requirements for the welding of fittings, including the use of approved welding procedures and the qualifications of welders. This helps to ensure that fittings are properly connected and perform as intended in use.
BS EN 10253-2-2007 is a key standard for the manufacture of seamless and welded butt-weld fittings in carbon and alloy steels. It ensures that these fittings meet certain performance and safety standards, making them suitable for a wide range of industrial applications.
It is important to note that it is the responsibility of the manufacturer or supplier of the fitting to ensure that it meets the standard. It is also the responsibility of the user of the fittings to ensure that they are suitable for their intended use.
BS EN 10253-2-2007 Standard Specification
BS EN 10253-2-2007 Butt-welding pipe fittings-Non alloy ferritic alloy steels with specific inspection requirements.
This Part of EN 10253 specifies the technical delivery requirements for seamless and welded butt-welding fittings (elbows, concentric and eccentric reducers, equal and reducing tees, caps) made of carbon and alloy steel which are intended for pressure purposes at room temperature, at low temperature or at elevated temperatures, and for the transmission and distribution of fluids and gases.
- type of fittings;
- type A : Butt-welding fittings with reduced pressure factor;
- type B : Butt-welding fittings for use at full service pressure;
- steel grades;
- mechanical properties;
- dimensions and tolerances;
- requirements for inspection and testing;
- inspection documents;
- protection and packaging.
NOTE In the case of a harmonised supporting standard for materials, presumption of conformity to the ESRs is limited to technical data of materials in the standard and does not presume adequacy of the material to a specific item of equipment. Consequently it is essential that the technical data stated in the material standard be assessed against the design requirements of this specific item of equipment to verify that the ESRs of the PED are satisfied.
2. Normative references
The following referenced documents are indispensable for the application of this document. For dated references, only the edition cited applies. For undated references, the latest edition of the referenced document (including any amendments) applies.
- EN 287-1, Qualification test of welders — Fusion welding — Part 1: Steels
- EN 910, Destructive tests on welds in metallic materials — Bend tests
- EN 1418, Welding personnel — Approval testing of welding operators for fusion welding and resistance weld setters for fully mechanized and automatic welding of metallic materials
- EN 10002–1, Metallic materials — Tensile testing — Part 1: Method of test at ambient temperature
- EN 10002–5, Metallic materials — Tensile testing — Part 5: Method of testing at elevated temperature
- EN 10020:2000, Definition and classification of grades of steel
- EN 10021:2006, General technical delivery conditions for steel products
- EN 10027-1, Designation systems for steels — Part 1: Steel names
- EN 10027-2, Designation systems for steels — Part 2: Numerical system
- EN 10028-2, Flat products made of steels for pressure purposes — Part 2: Non-alloy and alloy steels with specified elevated temperature properties
- EN 10028-3, Flat products made of steels for pressure purposes — Part 3: Weldable fine grain steels, normalized
- EN 10028-4, Flat products made of steels for pressure purposes — Part 4: Nickel alloy steels with specified low temperature properties
- EN 10045–1, Metallic materials – Charpy impact test — Part 1: Test method
- EN 10052:1993, Vocabulary of heat treatment terms for ferrous products
- EN 10168, Steel products — Inspection documents — List of information and description
- EN 10204, Metallic products — Types of inspection documents
- EN 10217-1, Welded steel tubes for pressure purposes — Part 1: Non-alloy steel tubes with specified room temperature properties
- EN 10217-2, Welded steel tubes for pressure purposes — Technical delivery conditions — Part 2: Electric welded non-alloy and alloy steel tubes with specified elevated temperature properties
- EN 10217-3, Welded steel tubes for pressure purposes — Technical delivery conditions — Part 3: Alloy fine grain steel tubes
- EN 10217-4, Welded steel tubes for pressure purposes — Technical delivery conditions — Part 4: Electric welded non-alloy steel tubes with specified low temperature properties
- EN 10217-5, Welded steel tubes for pressure purposes — Technical delivery conditions — Part 5: Submerged arc welded non-alloy and alloy steel tubes with specified elevated temperature properties
- EN 10217-6, Welded steel tubes for pressure purposes — Technical delivery conditions — Part 6: Submerged arc welded non-alloy steel tubes with specified low temperature properties
- EN 10246-10, Non-destructive testing of steel tubes — Part 10: Radiographic testing of the weld seam of automatic fusion arc welded steel tubes for the detection of imperfections
- EN 10246-11, Non-destructive testing of steel tubes — Part 11: Liquid penetrant testing of seamless and welded steel tubes for the detection of surface imperfections
- EN 10246-12, Non-destructive testing of steel tubes — Part 12: Magnetic particle inspection of seamless and welded ferromagnetic steel tubes for the detection of surface imperfections
- EN 10266:2003, Steel tubes, fittings and structural hollow sections — Symbols and definitions of terms for use in product standards
- EN 10273, Hot rolled weldable steel bars for pressure purposes with specified elevated temperature properties
- EN 13480-3:2002, Metallic industrial piping — Part 3: Design and calculation
- EN ISO 377:1997, Steel and steel products — Location and preparation of samples and test pieces for mechanical testing (ISO 377:1997)
- EN ISO 2566-1, Steel — Conversion of elongation values — Part 1: Carbon and low alloy steels (ISO 2566-1:1984).
- EN ISO 3166-1, Codes for the representation of names of countries and their subdivisions — Part 1: Country codes (ISO 3166-1:2006)
- EN ISO 6708, Pipe work components — Definition and selection of DN (nominal size) (ISO 6708:1995)
- EN ISO 14284, Steel and iron — Sampling and preparation of samples for the determination of chemical composition (ISO 14284:1996)
- EN ISO 15614-1, Specification and qualification of welding procedures for metallic materials – Welding procedure test — Part 1: Arc and gas welding of steels and arc welding of nickel and nickel alloys (ISO 15614- 1:2004)
- ISO 1027, Radiographic image quality indicators for non-destructive testing — Principles and identification
Research use only,Commercial use is prohibited.
If you want to use it ,you can buy from following link: