Stainless steel flange solution
What are stainless steel flange solutions?
Table of Contents
- What are stainless steel flange solutions?
- What is a stainless steel flange?
- The characteristics of stainless steel flange
- Materials of stainless steel flanges
- Types of stainless steel flanges
- Uses of stainless steel flanges
- Standard of stainless steel flanges
- Size of stainless steel flanges
- Manufacturing process of stainless steel flanges
- Manufacturing method of forged flange
- Raw Material
- Material Inspection
- Material Cutting
- Flange Forging
- Heat Treatment
- Forging Rolling
- Final Inspection
- Rust Prevention
- Packing and Shipment
- The manufacturing process of casting flange
- The manufacturing process of die forging flange
- The manufacturing process of cutting flange
- Manufacturing process of rolled flanges
- Machining of stainless steel flanges
- How to improve the quality of stainless steel flanges?
- How to find a reliable stainless steel flange manufacturer?
- Place an order of stainless steel flange
Stainless steel flanges are a common solution for the construction of piping systems. They are durable, corrosion resistant and easy to install. In addition, stainless steel is a fairly inexpensive material, which makes it an attractive option for most contractors.
Stainless steel flanges are made from high quality stainless steel bars and high quality stainless steel plates that have been rolled or forged to the desired shape. Each flange is custom designed to meet the specific requirements of your project. In addition, all flanges must meet the stringent standards set by industry groups such as ASME and ANSI.
Stainless steel flanges are used in many industrial applications, from chemical processes to food processing. They are used to connect pipes to the rest of the system and offer many advantages over other types of flanges.
Stainless steel is durable, corrosion resistant and easy to clean. It does not rust or corrode easily, making it ideal for use in marine environments where salt water may be present. Stainless steel will also not rust when exposed to chemicals such as hydrofluoric acid or sulfuric acid.
Stainless steel flanges are highly resistant to both internal and external pressures because they are made of strong materials such as nickel alloys, which resist heat-based stress cracking better than other metals. They are also resistant to the wear and tear that occurs when materials flow over time.
A stainless steel flange is a mechanical device used to join sections of a pipe or tube. It is a pipe fitting with a lip that is designed to be bolted to a pipe or tube. The word comes from the old english word meaning “lip”.
stainless steel flanges are typically used to form seals between pipes, tubes and vessels when installed with gaskets or o-rings. They can also be used to prevent leakage by preventing objects from entering into the space where the pipes meet (turbine shafts).
The characteristics of stainless steel flange
Stainless steel flanges are used in a wide range of industries. In the oil, gas and petrochemical industries, stainless steel flanges are used to transport gases from one place to another. Stainless steel flanges play an important role in the food industry, as they provide better sanitation than other materials. Because of its durability and strength characteristics, stainless steel is also commonly used in many other applications, such as piping and construction.
When you need a rugged stainless steel design, consider using stainless steel flanges on your piping system. A wide range of sizes are available so you can choose the size that best suits your needs without any installation or cosmetic problems that may arise after a successful stainless steel flange installation.
Stainless steel flanges are highly resistant to corrosion, which is why they are preferred in applications where there is a risk of exposure to chemicals or high temperatures. They can also be used in any type of piping system, as they are resistant to most corrosive materials, such as acids and other industrial fluids. Stainless steel flanges are also easy to install due to their durability; once installed, they can be easily removed when needed without fear of damage because they do not rust over time like other types of metal materials, such as carbon steel.
Materials of stainless steel flanges
- Stainless steel
Stainless steel flange is the most popular metal material to be used as a flange. It is durable and easy to install.
Stainless steel has many ideal characteristics, which greatly contributes to its wide application in the manufacturing of parts in many industrial sectors. Most importantly, because of its chromium content, it is very corrosion-resistant. The minimum content of 10.5% makes the corrosion resistance of steel about 200 times higher than that of steel without chromium. For consumers, other favorable features are its high strength and durability, its high and low temperature resistance, increased plasticity and easy to manufacture, low maintenance, durable and attractive appearance. It is environmentally friendly and recyclable. Once stainless steel is put into service, it does not need to be treated, coated or painted.
- Corrosion resistance.
- High tensile strength.
- Very durable.
- Temperature resistance.
- Easy to form and manufacture.
- Low maintenance (lasting).
- Attractive appearance.
- Environmentally friendly (recyclable).
Classification system of stainless steel
There are many digital classification systems for stainless steel, which are specified according to their composition, physical properties and application. Each type of stainless steel is classified by its serial number and then assigned a numerical grade. The most popular series numbers are 200, 300, 400, 600 and 2000. The most common grades are types 304 and 316, which are composed of austenitic chromium nickel alloy. Tableware grade stainless steel was found in the 400 series, which is derived from Ferritic and martensitic chromium alloys. Type 420 is called surgical steel and type 440 is called razor steel.
Classification of stainless steel
The stainless steel family is mainly divided into four main categories according to its crystal microstructure.
Ferritic stainless steel
Ferritic steel is grade 400 stainless steel with high chromium content, ranging from 10.5% to 27%. They are magnetic and also provide good ductility, tensile stability, and resistance to corrosion, thermal fatigue, and stress corrosion cracking.
Application of ferritic stainless steel
Typical applications of ferritic stainless steel include automotive parts, petrochemicals, heat exchangers, furnaces, and consumer durables such as household appliances and food equipment.
Austenitic stainless steel
Perhaps the most common type of stainless steel, austenitic grade steel is high chromium, with different amounts of nickel, manganese, nitrogen and some carbon. Austenitic steel is divided into 300 series and 200 series subcategories, which is determined by the alloy used. The austenitic structure of 300 series is distinguished by adding nickel. The 200 series mainly uses the addition of manganese and nitrogen. Grade 304 is the most common stainless steel.
Application of austenitic stainless steel
Sometimes called 18 / 8, because of its 18% chromium and 8% nickel, it is used in kitchen equipment, tableware, food processing equipment, and structural components of the automotive and aerospace industries. Grade 316 is another common stainless steel. It is used to manufacture a wide range of products, such as food preparation equipment, laboratory workbench, medical and surgical equipment, ship accessories, pharmaceutical, textile and chemical processing equipment.
Martensitic stainless steel
Martensitic stainless steel belongs to class 400 series. They range in carbon content from low to high and contain 12% to 15% chromium and up to 1% molybdenum. It is used when corrosion resistance and / or oxidation resistance, high strength at low temperature or creep resistance at high temperature are required. Martensitic steels are also magnetic and have relatively high ductility and toughness, which makes them easier to form.
Application of martensitic stainless steel
Applications of martensitic stainless steel include a wide range of parts, from compressor blades and turbine parts, kitchen utensils, bolts, nuts and screws, pump and valve parts, dental and surgical instruments, to motors, pumps, valves, machine parts, sharp surgical instruments, tableware, blades and other cutting hand tools.
As the name suggests, duplex stainless steel has a mixed microstructure of ferrite and austenite. The contents of nickel and molybdenum are very low, ranging from 22% to 25%, respectively. Duplex structure makes stainless steel have many ideal properties. First of all, it provides twice the strength of ordinary austenitic or ferritic stainless steel and has excellent corrosion resistance and toughness.
Application of duplex stainless steel
In the class 2000 series, duplex stainless steel is ideal for applications in harsh environments, such as chemical, oil, natural gas processing and equipment, marine, high chlorine environment, pulp and paper industry, cargo tanks of ships and trucks, and biofuel plants, chloride containment or pressure vessels, transportation, heat exchanger tubes, construction, food industry, desalination plants, and components of flue gas desulfurization systems.
Composition and main characteristics of stainless steel flanges
|Type||Cr||Ni||Cmax||Other Elements||Major Characteristics|
|303||17.00-19.00||8.00-10.00||0.15||S 0.15 min||† Free-machining modification of Type 302|
|303 Se||17.00-19.00||8.00-10.00||0.15||Se 0.15 min||† Free-machining version of Type 302. Produces better surface finish than Type 303.|
|304||18.00-20.00||8.00-10.00||0.08||–||† Low carbon variation of Type 302. Minimizes carbide precipitation during welding|
|304L||18.00-20.00||8.00-10.00||0.03||–||† Extra-low carbon content eliminates harmful carbide precipitation due to welding|
|309||22.00-24.00||12.00-15.00||0.20||–||† High strength and resistance to scaling at high temperatures|
|310||24.00-26.00||19.00-22.00||0.20||–||† Higher alloy content improves basic characteristics of Type 309|
|316||16.00-18.00||10.00-14.00||0.08||Mo 2.00-3.00||† Mo improves general corrosion and pitting resistance and high temperature strength over that of Type 302|
|316L||16.00-18.00||10.00-14.00||0.20||Mo 2.00-3.00||† Extra-low carbon version of Type 316. Eliminates harmful carbide precipitation due to welding|
|317||18.00-20.00||11.00-15.00||0.08||Mo 3.00-4.00||† Higher alloy content improves basic advantages of Type 316|
|321||17.00-19.00||9.00-12.00||0.08||Ti 5 x C. min||† Stabilized to permit use in 800-1500°F temperature range without harmful carbide precipitation|
|347||17.00-19.00||9.00-13.00||.008||Cb + Ta 10 x C. min||† Characteristics similar to Type 321. Stabilized by Cb and Ta.|
Ta 0.10 max Cb 0.20 max
Cb + Ta 10 x C min
|† Similar to Type 347 but Ta reduced for atomic energy applications|
|410||11.50-13.50||–||0.15||–||¥ Lowest cost general purpose stainless steel. Wide use where corrosion is not severe.|
|416||12.00-14.00||–||0.15||S 0.15 min||¥ Free-machining version of Type 410.|
|420||12.00-14.00||–||0.15 min||–||¥ Similar variation of Type 410 but higher carbon produces higher strength and hardness.|
|430||14.00-18.00||–||0.12||–||* Most popular of the chromium types. Combines good corrosion and heat resistance and mechanical properties.|
|430 F||14.00-18.00||–||0.12||S 0.15 min||* Free-machining version of Type 430.|
|–||¥ Series of high carbon types. Some basic composition with varying carbon content. Higher carbon produces higher strength and hardness but lower toughness. All Type 440 versions are corrosion resistant only in the hardened condition.|
|446||23.00-27.00||–||0.20||–||* Similar to Type 442 but Cr increased to provide maximum resistance to scaling.|
|15-5 PH||14.00-15.50||3.50-5.50||0.07||Cu 2.50-4.50||• Similar in properties and characteristics to 17-4 PH but has superior transverse ductility and toughness.|
|PH 15-7 Mo||14.00-16.00||6.50-7.75||0.09||
|•• Special type similar to 17-7 PH but with higher strength.|
|17-4 PH||15.50-17.50||3.00-5.00||0.07||Cu 3.00-5.00||• Special type that combines excellent corrosion resistance…high strength and hardness… low temperature hardening and good fabrication characteristics.|
|17-7 PH||16.00-18.00||6.50-7.75||0.09||AL 0.75-1.25||•• Special ultra-high strength type with good formability and excellent fabricating characteristics.|
* Feretic. Non-Hardenable
† Austenitic. Non-Hardenable by heat treatment
¥ Martensitic. Hardenable
• Martensitic. Precipitation hardened
•• Semi-Austenitic. Precipitation hardened
- Carbon steel
Carbon steel flange is also a good choice, but it rusts easily and will require periodic maintenance to keep it looking new.
Carbon steel is a kind of iron carbon alloy. The carbon content accounts for 2.1% of the total weight of steel. It is one of the main categories of steel. It accounts for as much as 90% of the steel manufactured worldwide.
The general category of carbon steel can also be divided into five sub categories.
- Ultra low carbon steel: carbon content less than 0.015%.
- Ultra low carbon steel: the carbon content is between 0.015% and 0.05%.
- Low carbon steel: the carbon content is between 0.05% and 0.19%.
- Medium carbon steel: the carbon content is between 0.2% and 0.49%.
- High carbon steel: carbon content exceeds 0.5%.
These must contain less than 0.6% copper, 0.6% silicon and 1.65% manganese to meet the requirements as carbon steel. They are uniquely suited to a variety of applications and technical specifications.
Carbon steel combines the plasticity of iron with the high strength of carbon. Although it is initially brittle, carbon steel can be heat treated into a formable state for the production of custom shapes and plates. Throughout the heat treatment process, it retains its high toughness and tensile strength, but its surface will then be vulnerable to corrosive elements, such as weathering and oxidation.
The problems of weathering and corrosion can be avoided by carburizing process, which aims to harden the outside of carbon steel by promoting the migration of carbon to the surface of carbon steel parts. The distribution of carbon in the whole steel will be distorted, and the carbon density outside will increase, while the inside will be a harder and denser iron core. This makes the finished product have a unique combination of wear-resistant skin and hard core.
Application of carbon steel
Due to its high versatility, carbon steel has a wide range of applications and has been widely used in a series of industries, especially in the fields of oil, natural gas and petrochemical industry.
As a global supplier of various steel products, Masteel has obtained and manufactured carbon steel for a wide range of market areas, specializing in the manufacture of low-pressure vessels and industrial boilers for some of the world’s leading fossil fuel energy suppliers.
Aluminum has excellent corrosion resistance but doesn’t have great tensile strength or impact strength compared with other metals like iron or steel. The combination of these weaknesses makes aluminum unsuitable for many applications where high pressure will be applied (like undersea oil rigs).
Copper has excellent resistance to corrosion, but it’s very expensive, heavy and conducts electricity poorly.
Types of stainless steel flanges
Forged flanges are used as connecting parts for pipes, valves, pumps and other equipment to form piping systems. They can be easily cleaned, inspected, modified or repaired. Flanges are usually welded to the pipe or threaded onto the threaded pipe end and then bolted for connection. The types of flanges are shown below.
Select a flange type from the following.
Stainless steel butt-weld flanges (WNRF)
Butt-weld flanges are welded circumferentially at the neck, and the integrity of the butt-weld area can be easily checked by radiography. The bores of the pipe and flange match, reducing turbulence and erosion within the pipe. As a result, welded necks are durable in critical applications.
Stainless steel slip-on flanges (SORF)
Slip-on flanges are installed on the pipe and then fillet welded. Slip-on flanges are easy to use in fabrication applications.
Stainless Steel Blind Flange (BLRF)
Blind flanges are used to clear pipelines, valves and pumps. They can also be used as inspection covers. It is sometimes referred to as a blanking flange.
Stainless Steel Socket Flanges (SWRF)
Socket flanges flanges can accept pipe before drilling and angle welding. Both the pipe and the flange have the same hole to provide good flow characteristics.
Stainless Steel Threaded Flanges
Threaded flanges are referred to as threads or threads. They are used to connect other threaded components in low pressure, non-critical applications. No welding is required.
Stainless Steel Lap Joint Ring Flanges (LJRF)
Lap joint flanges are always used for short cut-offs or portholes that are butt welded to the pipe while the flange is loose at its rear. This means that the end or hour always makes the face. The lap joint flange is used for low pressure applications because it is easy to assemble and align. To reduce costs, these flanges are offered without a hub.
Stainless Steel Ring Type Joint Flange (RTJF)
Ring joint flanges are used to ensure leak-proof flange connections at high pressures. The metal ring is compressed into a hexagonal groove on the flange surface to create a seal. This joining method can be used for weld, sliding and blind flanges.
Uses of stainless steel flanges
Stainless steel flange generally has a strong sealing, tensile, bending resistance, compressive resistance, etc., according to a variety of properties, stainless steel flange can also be divided into socket weld flange, loose flange, butt weld steel flange, flat welding steel flange, overall flange, etc., each stainless steel flange are their own product parameters, here to share with you in detail.
- ① Socket weld stainless steel flange: commonly used in PN ≤ 10.0Mpa, DN ≤ 40 pipeline;
- ② Loose stainless steel flange: loose flange commonly known as live flange, welded ring live flange, flanged live flange and butt welding live flange. Commonly used in the medium temperature and pressure are not high and the medium is more corrosive situation. When the medium is more corrosive, the part of the flange in contact with the medium (flange short section) for corrosion-resistant high-grade materials such as stainless steel and other materials, while the external use of low materials such as carbon steel material flange ring clamping it to achieve sealing;
- ③ Butt welding stainless steel flange: for flange and pipe butt welding, its structure is reasonable, strength and steel degree is larger, withstand high temperature and high pressure and repeated bending and temperature fluctuations, reliable sealing. Nominal pressure of 0.25-2.5Mpa butt weld flange with concave and convex sealing surface.
- ④ Overall stainless steel flange: often flange and equipment, pipes, valves, etc. into one, this type is commonly used in equipment and valves.
- ⑤ Flat welding steel stainless steel flange: applicable to the nominal pressure of not more than 2.5Mpa carbon steel pipeline connection. Flat welding flange sealing surface can be made of smooth, convex and tongue and groove type three. Smooth flat welding flange applications, more for the media conditions more moderate, such as low-pressure non-purified compressed air, low-pressure circulating water, it has the advantage of relatively cheap.
In addition, the stainless steel flange installation process must be professional, usually the first joint positioning, installation of sealing ring, sealing sleeve inside with the sleeve section tapered hole. Install the ferrule, the inner part of the ferrule in contact with the tapered surface of the sleeve section grease to facilitate installation. The installation of bolts and spherical nuts requires grease on the spherical surface and threads for installation, etc. Finally, after the installation is completed, the end surfaces of the two joints and the tendons of the sealing ring should be in close contact without gaps.
Due to the processing and production errors sometimes the gap is too large, welding when melting easy to burn through, the disposal of the way may be in the stainless steel flange tube straight pipe to overlap the local (individual 3-5mm) heap welding layer, by machine processing to 0-0.05mm gap or hand repair. If the set does not go up, should turn small or grinding small flange tube straight pipe outside diameter.
- 1. Welding parameters: welding current 25-30A, maintenance gas flow 4-7L / min.
- 2. The arc must be carried out in the flange tube length, the arc should refer to the thick tube on the application of the outer flame of the arc heating ripple tube and blocking the edge of the ripple tube with welding wire, with melting stainless steel wire to melt the ripple tube.
- 3. When welding the transport bar must be carried out in the thick tube long, choose short welding seam welding or spot welding for welding.
- 4. Welding to always observe the ripple tube melting situation, individual melting 1-3 molten pool, should not continue to weld, especially in the gap is large when easy to burn through.
Standard of stainless steel flanges
- ASME/ANSI: American National Standards Institute/American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- BS: British Standard
- DIN: Deutsches Institut fur Normung
- ISO: International Organization for Standardization
- JIS: Japanese Industrial Standards
- API：American Petroleum Institute Standard
- UNI：Italian Standard
- GOST：Russian national standard
Size of stainless steel flanges
ANSI stainless steel flange and its dimensions
ANSI (or American National Standards Institute) is the most standard specification of stainless steel flange, and it is also the most popular stainless steel flange in various industries. Standardized ANSI stainless steel flange sizes are 150, 300, 400, 600, 900, 1500 and 2500, NPs 1 / 2 to NPs 24. In addition, ANSI B16.47 covers pressure classes ranging from 75 to 900.
CLASS 150 FLANGES : ASTM A182 / ASME SA182 – B16.5
WEIGHTS & DIMENSIONS of 150# STAINLESS STEEL FLANGES
|Nominal Pipe Size||Outside Diameter of Flange||Thickness of Flange||Diameter of Raised Face||Diameter of Hub at Base||Length Thru Hub||Diameter or Bore||Diameter of Hub at Bevel||Radius of Fillet||Depth of Socket|
|Welding Neck||Slip-On Threaded Socket||Lap Joint||Slip-on Socket||Lap Joint|
WEIGHTS & DIMENSIONS of 150# STAINLESS STEEL FLANGES
|Nominal Pipe Size||Drilling||Length of Bolts||Approximate Weight in Pounds|
|Diameter of Bolt Circle||Number of Bolts||Diameter of Bolts||Diameter of Holes||Stud Bolts||Machine Bolts 1/16” R.F.||Welding Neck||Slip-on Threaded||Lap Joint||Blind|
|1/16” Raised Face||Ring Joint|
How to find out the correct size of stainless steel flange?
It is well known that stainless steel flanges can connect pipes to other parts of your components or containers, but to obtain the best effect of stainless steel flanges, you must ensure that the dimensions of stainless steel flanges are correct. Only in this way can the rest of the work proceed smoothly. Finding the appropriate size of stainless steel flange is the main and necessary step.
Some effort is needed to obtain the correct size of stainless steel flange. The correct measurement completely depends on understanding the accurate pressure rating and the corresponding pipe size.
First, measure the standard stainless steel flange and measure the outer diameter (O.D.) of the stainless steel flange. It can be achieved by measuring from the outer edge of the stainless steel flange to the opposite outer edge, and then measuring the inner diameter of the stainless steel flange from these two external reference points.
Similarly, when measuring the size of stainless steel flange, you should also consider the thickness of the bottom surface of stainless steel flange. For this task, you only need to analyze the thickness of the outer edge of the connection (the base where the bolt pattern is located).
Calculate the weight of stainless steel flange
When calculating the weight, it is necessary to understand that the structure of the stainless steel flange of the pipeline is directly related to the material grade and the pressure it can withstand.
The weight calculation of stainless steel flange is based on the model of stainless steel flange. Now it is very simple to calculate the weight of stainless steel flange, because most manufacturers have regulations in this regard. The weight of stainless steel flange can be easily calculated by providing some details, such as outer diameter and inner diameter, thickness of base, number of holes, diameter and chamfer of holes.
Measure the thickness of stainless steel flange
The thickness of stainless steel flange can be calculated by some techniques. In standard stainless steel flanges, the thickness can be found by understanding the design conditions, especially the pressure and temperature of the pipeline system and the type of pipeline material. In this case, the size of the stainless steel flange can be found without calculation. You only need to review the design calculations of ASME Pressure vessels to determine the rating that matches the design conditions. Once you find the grade of stainless steel flange, it is easy to find the size of standard stainless steel flange from ASME B16.5 table.
Specification of stainless steel flange
According to different industries, there are many standard stainless steel flange specifications to choose from. Stainless steel flange specifications do vary by industry and its application. Most standard manufacturers offer popular stainless steel flange specifications, such as ASME / ANSI stainless steel flange, DIN stainless steel flange, API stainless steel flange, and AWWA stainless steel flange. ANSI stands out among various stainless steel flange specifications and is the most popular because of its ubiquitous mechanical design among ASME engineers.
Manufacturing process of stainless steel flanges
Manufacturing method of forged flange
Forging is a manufacturing process involving the shaping of metal using localized compressive forces. The blows are delivered with a hammer (often a power hammer) or a die. Forging is often classified according to the temperature at which it is performed: cold forging (a type of cold working), warm forging, or hot forging (a type of hot working). For the latter two, the metal is heated, usually in a forge.
Understanding customer’s requirement and ensuring to supply as per these requirements is realised with the help of quality assurance at petrosadid one of the market leader, our product range include all types of flanges such as MS flange (mild steel), raised face flange, welding neck flange, long weld neck flange, slip on flange, threaded flange, blind flange, figure8 flange, spectacle blind flange, spade flange and space flange, etc.
- Raw Material→Material Inspection→Material Cutting→Flange Forging→Heat Treatment→Forging Rolling→Final Inspection→Rust Prevention→Packing and Shipment
• Raw Material Check
• Quantity Check
• Visual & Dimension Check
• Chemical Analysis Check
• Preservation Analysis Certificate
• Weight Measuring
• Cut Surface Check
• Material Grade Check
• Weight Measuring
• Temperature Control
• Tempering, Q.T
• Solution Treatment
• Mechanical Test
Heat treatment is a process of heating and cooling a material to change its properties. It is used to improve the mechanical properties of a material (e.g., strength, hardness) or for other purposes such as improving its color or its resistance to corrosion. Heat treatment may be applied to ferrous or nonferrous materials in order to achieve specific results; however, the techniques are quite different between these two types of materials.
Before any kind of heat treatment can be performed on a material, it must first be annealed or normalized so that it will not deform during heating and cooling processes. If there were no time for this step before further processing steps, deformations would happen due to stress buildup within individual atoms — so it is important!
• Weight Measuring
• Cut Surface Check
• Dimension size inspect
• Visual Test
• Nondestructive Test
Inspection process of flanges
Advanced testing instruments and equipment are a strong guarantee for production and processing quality. The company is equipped with advanced spectrometer, chemical analyzer, metallographic microscope, hardness tester and universal material testing machine. It has introduced advanced testing equipment such as projector, roundness instrument, metallographic microscope and CMM from Japan. Relying on advanced equipment, the company constantly carries out standardized training for testing operators, formulates its own processes and specifications in accordance with the international quality management system, and constantly pursues the perfection of quality.
The quality of the flange is checked by the following methods:
- Visual inspection, including appearance and weld bead appearance.
- Measurement method, such as visual inspection and dimensional measurement.
- Testing Method: The test is usually conducted by third-party laboratories accredited by national or international organizations such as BV/DNV/GL/LRQA/TUV Rheinland etc to ensure product quality meets customer requirements before shipment.
• Preserve Check
• Marking on the flange
• Pickling ,Coating
Packing and Shipment
• Packing Spec. Check
• Packing Inspection
Packing stainless steel flanges:
The packing of stainless steel flanges is a very important and sensitive process. If it is not packed properly, the product can be damaged during transport or storage. For this reason, it is important to follow the best practices to ensure that your product arrives in good condition.
Stainless steel flanges are packaged in wooden cases with two sides and a top louver, each side having a sliding lid and with one lid being locked. An air cushion made of polyurethane foam or felt may also be used under the boxes to prevent pressure from crushing them during shipment.
The manufacturing process of casting flange
Casting flange, the shape and size of the blank is accurate, the processing volume is small, the cost is low, but there are casting defects (porosity. Crack. Inclusions); casting internal preparation streamline poor (if the cutting parts, streamline worse); forging flange is generally lower than casting flange carbon is not easy to rust, forging streamline good, preparation is more dense, mechanical properties better than casting flange; forging process is not appropriate will also appear grain size or uneven, hardening cracking phenomenon, forging costs higher than casting flange. Forgings than castings can withstand higher shear and tensile forces. The advantage of castings is that you can make more complex shape, the cost is relatively low; forgings advantage is that the internal preparation is uniform, there is no casting in the porosity, inclusions and other harmful defects; from the production process to distinguish the difference between casting flange and forging flange, such as centrifugal flange is a kind of casting flange. Centrifugal flange belongs to the accurate casting method to produce flanges, the casting than ordinary sand casting preparation to be much finer, quality improved a lot, not easy to prepare loose, porous, trachoma and other problems.
First of all, we need to understand how the centrifugal flange is produced and made, centrifugal casting to make flat welding flange process methods and products, which is characterized by the product is processed through the following process steps.
- ① The selected raw material steel into the medium frequency electric furnace melting, so that the steel temperature reaches 1600-1700 ℃;
- ② Pre-heat the metal mold to 800-900℃ to maintain a constant temperature;
- ③ Start the centrifuge and inject the steel in step ① into the preheated metal mold in step ②;
- ④ Castings are naturally cooled to 800-900°C and kept at a constant temperature of 1-10 minutes;
- ⑤ Cooling with water to near room temperature, take off the mold to remove the casting.
The manufacturing process of die forging flange
Die forging is known as model forging, the heated billet placed in the die fixed on the die forging equipment forging forming.
The basic process of die forging die forging process: under the material, heating, pre-forging, final forging, punching even skin, cutting edge, tempering, shot blasting. Commonly used processes are upsetting, drawing, bending, punching, forming.
Commonly used die forging equipment commonly used die forging equipment are die forging hammer, hot die forging press, flat forging machine and friction press.
Generally speaking, forging flange quality is better, generally through the die forging production, crystal preparation fine, high strength, of course, the price is also more expensive.
Whether casting flange or forging flange are flange common manufacturing methods, depending on the strength requirements of the parts to be used, if the requirements are not high, you can also choose to turn the system flange.
The manufacturing process of cutting flange
In the plate directly cut out the flange of the inner and outer diameter and thickness of the disk with the amount of processing, and then the bolt hole and water line processing. The flange produced in this way is called cut flange, and the larger diameter of such flange is limited to the width of the plate.
The manufacturing process of stainless steel cut flanges is as follows.
- First, the plates and sheets are cut to the required size.
- Then, the required thickness of material is cut from the plate and sheet respectively to make the flange.
- Finally, a smooth surface finish is obtained on both sides at an angle through a series of grinding, lapping and polishing machines, depending on the type of flange required (i.e. flat or beveled).
Manufacturing process of rolled flanges
The process of cutting strips with medium plate and then rolled into a circle is called rolling, which is mostly used in the production of some large flanges. After the successful rolling, welding, then flattening, and then the waterline and bolt hole process.
Machining of stainless steel flanges
Machining of stainless steel flanges is a very common process and is a very important process. Stainless steel machining is done to provide exact dimensions, precision and finish on the surfaces. Stainless steel machining can be done using various techniques such as turning, milling and drilling etc.
How to improve the quality of stainless steel flanges?
To improve the quality of stainless steel flanges, we should pay attention to three aspects:
- The first is the selection of raw materials, because the selection must meet national standards and specifications;
- Second is welding technology, especially welding heat source temperature control accuracy;
- Thirdly is heat treatment technology, which can effectively improve hardness and toughness of stainless steel flanges, so as to increase fatigue strength and reduce tensile stress corrosion cracking resistance rate.
How to find a reliable stainless steel flange manufacturer?
To find a reliable stainless steel flange manufacturer that meet your requirements, you should check the following aspects:
- Quality of their products
- Price of their products
- Delivery time for your order
- Customer service provided by them
- After-sales service offered by them (if any)
- 1. Provide a full set of detailed operating instructions, maintenance manuals and other related documents, without concealing technical details related to maintenance.
- 2. The warranty period for all products is one year (from the date of delivery from the factory), and we will provide free service during the quality assurance period and be responsible for any failure due to defects in design, workmanship or materials.
- 3. During the quality assurance period, once the product breaks down, we guarantee to arrive at the site within a short time to deal with it and perform relevant technical services and repairs free of charge.
- 4. Regular return visits to users to understand the use of products and ensure normal operation of products.
- 5. Provide free consultation and technical help.
- 7. When the contract is established, the factory will establish after-sales service files in a short time and receive the service requirements of users at any time.
- 8. Service personnel treat users with amiable attitude and standardized service. Patiently answer and explain to users’ questions.
- Service description.
- (1) Due to the design and manufacturing quality of the product itself.
- (2) Warranty period, due to the normal use of the product in the process of quality problems caused by non-human factors.
- (3) Large-scale engineering projects or large products, according to the agreement between the two sides.
- (1) The customer does not have permission to disassemble the product or repair the failure caused by.
- (2) The repair of products beyond the “three guarantees” period.
Our stainless steel flange can fully meet your needs
We can design and manufacture stainless steel flanges as per your requirements, with a large stock of stainless steel flanges in stock for you. We have a good reputation in the stainless steel flange industry, so if you are interested in our products, please contact us.
1. Send customer purchase list to email [email protected] Or call 86-18267732328.
2. Receive the customer’s purchase list and provide the customer with the model selection and quotation of stainless steel flange (price list).
3. Specific agreement: delivery date, special requirements and other matters.
Place an order of stainless steel flange
1. If the customer has special requirements for stainless steel flange, the following instructions must be provided in the order contract:
- (1) Structural length;
- (2) Connection form;
- (3) Nominal diameter;
- (4) Product medium, temperature and pressure range;
- (5) Test, inspection standards and other requirements.
2. The factory can design the non-standard flange separately according to the specific requirements of customers.
3. If the type and model of stainless steel flange determined by the customer are provided, the customer shall correctly explain the meaning and requirements of its model, and sign the contract under the condition of consistent understanding between the supplier and the buyer.
4. For futures and ordering customers, please call and send a letter to tell the required valve model, specification, quantity, delivery time and place in detail. 30% of the total contract price shall be paid in advance, and the supplier shall prepare materials for production.
Source: China Flanges Solutions Supplier – Yaang Pipe Industry (www.epowermetals.com)
(Yaang Pipe Industry is a leading manufacturer and supplier of nickel alloy and stainless steel products, including Super Duplex Stainless Steel Flanges, Stainless Steel Flanges, Stainless Steel Pipe Fittings, Stainless Steel Pipe. Yaang products are widely used in Shipbuilding, Nuclear power, Marine engineering, Petroleum, Chemical, Mining, Sewage treatment, Natural gas and Pressure vessels and other industries.)
If you want to have more information about the article or you want to share your opinion with us, contact us at [email protected]