What is a pipe compensator
Table of Contents
- What is a pipe compensator?
- Classification of pipeline compensators
- What is a corrugated compensator
- What is a non-metallic compensator
- What is a sleeve compensator
- What is a square compensator
- What is a metal ripple compensator
- Function of pipeline compensator
- Selection method of pipeline compensator
- Differences of several compensators
Pipeline compensator, also known as expansion joint or bellow expansion joint, is mainly used to compensate the thermal expansion and cold contraction of pipeline caused by temperature change. If the pipe cannot expand or contract completely and freely when the temperature changes, thermal stress will be generated in the pipe. This stress must be considered in pipeline design, otherwise it may lead to pipeline rupture and affect normal production. As an important part of pipeline engineering, compensator plays an important role in ensuring the long-term normal operation of pipeline.
Classification of pipeline compensators
Pipeline compensators are divided into metal corrugated compensators, non-metal compensators, sleeve compensators, square compensators and so on. Metal corrugated compensator and non-metal compensator are common in use.
- 1. The metal corrugated compensator consists of corrugated pipes that constitute its working body (an elastic element) and end pipe, support, flange, conduit and other accessories. It belongs to a compensation element. The effective telescopic deformation of the bellows of its working body is used to absorb the dimensional changes of pipelines, conduits and containers caused by thermal expansion and cold contraction, or to compensate the axial, transverse and angular displacement of pipelines, conduits and containers. It can also be used for noise reduction and vibration reduction It is widely used in modern industry.
- 2. The non-metallic Compensator can compensate the axial, transverse and angular displacement of the pipeline. It has the characteristics of no thrust, simplified support design, corrosion resistance, high temperature resistance, noise elimination and vibration reduction. It is especially suitable for hot air pipeline and smoke pipeline.
The corrugated compensator belongs to a compensation element. Corrugated pipe composed of its working body (a kind of elastic element) and end pipe, support, flange, conduit and other accessories. It is mainly used in various pipelines. It can compensate the thermal displacement, mechanical deformation and absorb various mechanical vibration of the pipeline, so as to reduce the deformation stress of the pipeline and improve the service life of the pipeline. The connection mode of corrugated compensator is divided into flange connection and welding. The compensator of directly buried pipeline is generally adopted By welding (except trench installation). The effective expansion deformation of the bellows of its working body is used to absorb the dimensional changes of pipelines, conduits and containers caused by thermal expansion and cold contraction, or to compensate the axial, transverse and angular displacement of pipelines, conduits and containers. It can also be used for noise reduction and vibration reduction. It is widely used in modern industry.
Classification of bellows compensators
- 1. Axial compensator: internal pressure ripple compensator, external pressure ripple compensator, compound ripple compensator, single ripple compensator, unconstrained ripple compensator, directly buried ripple compensator
- 2. Angular corrugated compensator: single hinge corrugated compensator, universal hinge corrugated compensator and compound hinge corrugated compensator
- 3. Transverse corrugated compensator: large tie rod transverse corrugated compensator, small tie rod transverse corrugated pipe compensator
- 4. Rectangular corrugated compensator
- 5. Pressure balanced bellows compensator: straight pipe pressure balanced bellows compensator, curved pipe pressure balanced bellows compensator, internal and external pressure balanced bellows compensator, bypass pressure balanced bellows compensator.
Function of bellows compensator
The main elastic element of the bellows compensator is the stainless steel bellows. The axial, transverse and angular compensation of the pipeline depends on the expansion and bending of the bellows. Its function can:
- 1. Compensate the axial, transverse and angular thermal deformation of the absorption pipeline.
- 2. Absorb equipment vibration and reduce the iMpact of equipment vibration on pipeline.
- 3. Absorb the deformation of pipeline caused by earthquake and ground subsidence.
Working principle of corrugated compensator
The corrugated compensator is a compensation device used to absorb the size change of pipeline, conduit or container caused by thermal expansion and cold contraction by using the effective telescopic deformation of the elastic element of the corrugated compensator, which belongs to a compensation element. It can absorb axial, transverse and angular displacement.
Detection of corrugated compensator
Due to the different compensation forms of different types of corrugated compensators, there are mainly axial, transverse, angular and combined compensation methods. For the corrugated compensator with multiple displacements at the same time, its various displacements should be synthesized to calculate the total equivalent axial displacement. The detection is for the total equivalent axial displacement. In other words, the detection of the nominal displacement of the corrugated compensator is the detection of the total equivalent axial displacement.
The nominal displacement of general bellows is actually the deformation capacity of the given nominal displacement of bellows. For expansion joints made of bellows and compensator, commonly referred to as compensation quantity, reflect the ability of bellows to absorb system displacement, and represent the maximum compensation ability of products under certain conditions. During normal operation, bellows shall absorb system displacement and produce displacement deformation, and at the same time, it shall ensure a certain number of normal and safe working displacement cycles. Therefore, bellows shall be designed , according to the displacement that each wave can bear, a certain number of ripples are designed. When each wave is uniformly bearing the displacement load and there is no local overload, the bellows can work normally. When the design is reasonable, it can ensure a certain number of design working displacement cycle life. This performance test is specified in JB / T 6169-92 “metal bellows”.
Selection of corrugated compensator
Bellows compensator is a disturbing element with bellows as the core. It can compensate in axial, transverse and angular directions on the pipeline. In order to reduce the self excitation of the medium, the axial compensator is equipped with an inner sleeve inside the product, which limits the radial compensation ability to a great extent, Therefore, it is generally only used to absorb or compensate the axial displacement of the pipeline (if a small amount of radial displacement is really required in the pipeline system, it can also absorb the combination of axial, angular and any three directions of displacement; the hinge compensator (also known as angular compensator) is used with two or three compensators (a single hinge compensator has no compensation capacity) to absorb the transverse deformation in a single plane; the universal hinge (angular) compensator, which is used together by two or three, can absorb the deformation in the three-dimensional direction.
What is a non-metallic compensator
The elastic element constituting the working body of the non-metallic compensator is made of non-metallic material, usually fiber fabric, so it is also called fabric compensator (expansion joint and expansion joint). In addition, it is made of rubber, which can replace fiber fabric under various working conditions except that it can not meet the service conditions under ultra-high temperature (above 400).
Characteristics of non-metallic compensator
- (1) multi dimensional direction can be compensated. Various forms, large compensation and long service life;
- (2) it can effectively compensate or eliminate the installation error;
- (3) low stiffness and small elastic reaction force;
- (4) high applicable temperature range and good corrosion resistance;
- (5) it can effectively isolate vibration and reduce noise.
In addition to the above features, it also has good sealing, high pressure resistance, high strength, and can withstand gas containing fog and a small amount of liquid The use of special rubber can achieve the effects of oil resistance, acid and alkali resistance and aging resistance.
Application of non-metallic compensator
It is widely used at the inlet and outlet of smoke exhaust and desulfurization, dust removal equipment, air heating, flow aid and blast equipment in iron and steel plants, smelters, petrochemical plants, thermal power plants, cement plants and atomic energy power plants. It is much better than metal expansion joints. Therefore, it has won unanimous criticism from users and has been vigorously promoted and applied.
Comprehensive performance of non-metallic compensator
The good comprehensive performance of non-metallic compensator makes it widely used in many engineering fields. Pingcheng compensator is usually used for ventilation, dust removal, smoke exhaust and air conditioning insulation pipes and equipment with low working pressure.
In the pipeline system, if there are thermal stress caused by temperature change, local stress caused by equipment vibration and fixed support and stress caused by system installation deviation at the same time, the use of rigid connection will inevitably lead to deformation or damage of the pipeline system at the weakest point. If the flexible non-metallic compensator is used, this damage can be avoided. This is related to the unique motion form of non-metallic compensator. These motion forms determine the multi-dimensional displacement performance of non-metallic compensator.
Pressure bearing single wave body and multi wave body compensators play an irreplaceable role in some special working conditions. The electronic scale used in the desulfurization and powder spraying system of a steel plant originally used metal compensator compensation equipment and pipeline. Due to the large reverse thrust, the commissioning of the electronic scale is inaccurate and can not return to zero and weigh correctly. The compensator with rectangular diameter and large displacement can only use non-metallic materials to meet the application requirements. Through special structural design and material design, the working condition requirements are met.
What is a sleeve compensator
Sleeve compensator, called tubular expansion joint, is a compensation device for thermal fluid pipeline. It is mainly used for axial thermal expansion displacement absorption compensation after the auxiliary installation of linear pipeline. It is a compensator directly installed in any pipeline conveying non-corrosive unidirectional or multidirectional fluid. Sleeve compensator It is widely used in transmission pipelines in urban heating, metallurgy, mining, power generation, petrochemical, construction and other industries. It is mainly composed of sleeve (core tube), shell, sealing material, etc.
Structural characteristics of sleeve compensator
It is mainly composed of sleeve (core tube), shell, sealing material, etc It is used to compensate the axial expansion and contraction of pipeline and axial rotation at any angle It has the characteristics of small volume and large compensation. It is suitable for hot water, steam and grease media. Through the sliding movement of the sliding sleeve to the outer sleeve, it can achieve the compensation of thermal expansion.
The inner sleeve of the sleeve compensator is connected with the pipeline and adopts the principle and structure of high-performance self pressure dynamic seal. It can slide freely in the shell with the expansion of the pipeline and can meet the sealing requirements of any pipeline The shell and inner sleeve are sealed by new synthetic material, which can withstand high temperature, corrosion resistance and anti-aging. The temperature ranges from -40°C to 150°C, and can reach 350°C. under special circumstances. It can not only ensure axial sliding, but also ensure that the medium in the pipe does not leak.
An anti breaking device is designed for the sleeve compensator, which can ensure that it will not be opened when it expands to the limit position, so as to greatly improve the safety of the operation of the whole pipe network.
Sleeve compensator is applicable to medium engineering pressure ≤ 2.5Mpa and medium temperature – 40 ℃ ~ 600 ℃.
The sleeve compensator adopts a new sealing material flexible graphite ring, which has the characteristics of high strength, low friction coefficient (0.04 ~ 0.10), no aging, good effect and convenient maintenance.
The service life of sleeve compensator is long, and the fatigue life is equivalent to that of pipeline. After special treatment, the sliding surface has good corrosion resistance in brine, salt solution and other environments, which is more than 50 times higher than that of austenitic stainless steel. At the same time, when the sealing effect is weakened due to wear after many years, the flange can be tightened again to enhance the sealing performance, or the bolt can be loosened, the pressure ring can be removed, and then one or two layers of sealing rings can be installed to compress the pressure ring for continued use.
The sleeve compensator has no requirements for chloride ion content, and is especially suitable for systems with excessive chloride ion in medium or surrounding environment.
The directly buried sleeve compensator can be directly buried underground, and the maintenance well can not be set during installation, so the project cost is low.
Installation method of sleeve compensator
- 1. The sleeve compensator shall be properly kept during installation to prevent sun, rain and dust pollution.
- 2. During installation, check whether the model and specification of the compensator are consistent with the design, and the product surface shall be free of defects affecting product quality such as bruise, crater and serious corrosion.
- 3. When the total length of the finished product of the disposable compensator is consistent with the sample, it is not necessary to stretch or compress again. If the installation marking on the expansion main pipe changes, it shall be adjusted before installation
- 4. The two-way thrust free compensator must be installed according to the medium flow direction indicated in the diagram. When the medium is steam, it will avoid the formation of air plug in the compensator. In order to ensure the equal compensation in both directions of the compensator, the bidirectional compensator must be arranged between the two fixed points in the design.
- 5. The pipe section welded with both ends of the compensator must be subject to break treatment, and the hydrostatic test shall be conducted as required after welding (the bolts at both ends of the packing chamber shall be tightened until there is no leakage during the pressure test). After 24 hours of operation, the bolts at both ends of the packing chamber must be tightened again.
- 6. In order to ensure that the pipeline has no lateral displacement, it is only expanded along the axial direction, and a guide support is installed on the side of the expansion pipe. When there is axial displacement on both sides of the compensator, guide supports shall be installed on both sides to ensure that the positive and negative (+) – eccentricity of the axial displacement to the compensator does not exceed one degree.
- 7. The thermal insulation and waterproof structure of the compensator can be the same as that of the pipeline, but it can not bind the expansion section.
- 8. Special circumstances shall be discussed separately.
New sleeve type
- 1. When installing the compensator, first check whether its specification is consistent with the order.
- 2. The sliding sleeve of the one-way compensator shall be installed at the inflow end of the medium.
- 3. The pipe section welded between the new sleeve compensator and both ends of the compensator must be subject to groove treatment. After welding, the hydraulic test shall be carried out according to the acceptance specification, and the pressure shall be 1.5 times of the working pressure. In case of leakage of the sealing device during pressure test, tighten the bolts evenly until there is no leakage.
- 4. The compensator shall be installed along the center line of the pipeline, and the different axial degrees shall be greater than 1%, so as to prevent excessive friction during operation and affect the tightness.
- 5. Guide sliding support shall be set at the pipeline close to the compensator to prevent lateral displacement.
- 6. Pay attention to protect the sliding surface and do not damage or corrode it.
- 7. The outer sleeve of the two-way compensator shall be supported by a fixed support and kept concentric with the pipeline, and the compensation distance on both sides shall be approximately the same.
- 8. Under various temperatures, the compensator can be installed according to the maximum length without pre tension or pre compression (the factory is the maximum length of the product).
Advantages of sleeve compensator
- 1. The service life of the sleeve compensator is long, and the fatigue life is equivalent to that of the pipeline. After special treatment, the sliding surface has good corrosion resistance in brine, salt solution and other environments, which is more than 50 times higher than that of austenitic stainless steel. At the same time, when the sealing effect is weakened due to wear after many years, the flange can be tightened again to enhance the sealing performance, or the bolt can be loosened, the pressure ring can be removed, and then one or two layers of sealing rings can be installed to compress the pressure ring for continued use.
- 2. The sleeve compensator has no requirements for chloride ion content, and is especially suitable for systems with excessive chloride ion in medium or surrounding environment.
- 3. The sleeve compensator is divided into unidirectional and bidirectional compensation structures. The bidirectional type is characterized in that no matter where the medium flows from the compensator, the sliding sleeves at both ends of the compensator always slide freely to achieve bidirectional compensation and increase the amount of compensation.
- 4. The directly buried sleeve compensator can be directly buried underground, and the maintenance well can not be set during installation, so the project cost is low.
What is a square compensator
The square compensator is made of pipes. The smaller size can be made of one pipe, and the larger size can be made of two or three pipes.
Manufacturing method of square compensator
Since the top of the compensator bears the maximum force when it works, the top shall be simmered with a pipe, and the welded junction is not allowed. Its simmering process includes cold bending and hot bending.
Cold bending manufacturing
The cold bending of steel pipe can be carried out on the platform by manual pipe bender type pipe bender. The fetal membrane of the pipe bender shall conform to the outer diameter and bending radius of the steel pipe. The pipe bender shall be 3 ° – 5 ° more than the specified angle.
Hot bending manufacturing
The bending of steel pipe under heating is called hot bending, which is divided into wrinkle free sand filled elbow and wrinkle free sand filled elbow. Square back bending compensator usually adopts wrinkle free sand filling elbow. The main processes include marking, sand filling, heating, bending, cooling and heat treatment. Each process is very important to the quality of elbow, and shall be carried out in accordance with the process operation procedures.
After the square compensator is manufactured, its centerline size shall meet the size requirements listed in the standard series. The pipe wall surface at the elbow shall be free of cracks, metal delamination, overburning and other defects.
Installation instructions for square compensator
On vertical pipe
This compensator is usually set to solve the uneven settlement of the foundation. The installation position should be selected between the ground and the rising riser valve. Its main purpose is not only to compensate the displacement caused by uneven settlement, but also to avoid damage to the rising riser valve caused by uneven foundation settlement. In this case, the installation position of the riser valve will be raised, causing inconvenience to the operation of the riser valve, but other methods can be adopted, such as setting the valve operation platform. Its fixing bracket shall be set between the lower part of the valve and the compensator.
On horizontal pipe
This is usually the case when the gas pipeline passes through the structural expansion joint of the roof (or podium roof). The installation position shall generally meet the following conditions:
- (1) The plane of the compensator shall be on the same plane as the straight pipe section.
- (2) The center of the compensator shall be on the same vertical line as the center line of the expansion joint.
- (3) A fixed support shall be provided on both sides of the square compensator. The position and form of the support shall be selected by the designer.
Function of square compensator
The main function of square compensator is to compensate the thermal deformation of pipeline. Square compensator is mostly used for compensation when the pipeline passes through structural expansion joints, seismic joints and settlement joints.
What is a metal ripple compensator
Metal ripple compensator is a kind of compensator. The metal ripple compensator is made of austenitic stainless steel or materials required by users. It has excellent flexibility, corrosion resistance and high temperature resistance (- 235 ℃ ~ + 450 ℃), High pressure resistance (up to 32Mpa). It can be connected in any direction in the pipeline to compensate for temperature and absorb vibration, reduce noise, change the medium transmission direction, eliminate mechanical displacement between pipelines or between pipelines and equipment, etc. the double flange metal corrugated hose is particularly suitable for flexible joints of various pumps and valves with displacement and vibration.
Classification of metal corrugated compensators
Different metal materials are selected for metal ripple compensator because of its different uses. Because of their different materials, the properties and uses of the processed metal bellows are also different.
There are two kinds of bellows used in metal bellows compensator, one is spiral bellows, the other is annular bellows compensator.
Spiral metal corrugated compensator
Spiral metal bellows is a tubular shell with spirally arranged corrugations. There is a spiral rise angle between two adjacent corrugations, and all corrugations can be connected through a spiral line.
Annular metal corrugated compensator
The annular metal corrugation compensator is a tubular shell with closed circular corrugations. The annular corrugations are connected in series between waves. The annular corrugated pipe is formed by processing seamless pipe or welded pipe. Restricted by the processing method, the length of single pipe is usually shorter than that of spiral bellows. The advantages of annular bellows are good elasticity and low stiffness.
As a flexible pressure pipe fitting, metal ripple compensator is installed in the liquid conveying system to compensate the mutual displacement of the connecting ends of pipes or machines and equipment, absorb vibration energy, and play the role of vibration damping and silencing. It has many characteristics, such as good flexibility, light weight, corrosion resistance, fatigue resistance, high and low temperature resistance.
As sensitive elements, damping elements, compensation elements, sealing elements, valve elements and pipeline connectors, metal bellows are widely used in automatic control and measuring instruments, vacuum technology, machinery industry, electric power industry, transportation and atomic energy industry.
Metal bellows choose different metal materials because of their different uses. Because of their different materials, the properties and uses of the processed metal bellows are also different.
Function of pipeline compensator
- 1. Compensate the axial, transverse and angular thermal deformation of the absorption pipeline.
- 2. The expansion and contraction of the bellows compensator is convenient for the installation and disassembly of the valve pipeline.
- 3. Absorb equipment vibration and reduce the iMpact of equipment vibration on pipeline.
- 4. Absorb the deformation of pipeline caused by earthquake and ground subsidence.
Selection method of pipeline compensator
Due to various constraints, it is quite complex, but any complex pipe system can select several fixed supports, select different settings at different parts, divide them into several separate pipe sections with relatively simple shape, “Z” pipe section and “Π” pipe section, and determine the deformation and compensation of each pipe section respectively. Due to the many types of compensators, Correct type selection is very important, so in the overall design of pipe system, The pipeline route and support system shall be fully considered (including fixed pipe rack, guided sliding pipe rack, etc.) and comprehensively consider the shape and configuration of the compensator, so as to achieve the best combination of safety, rationality, applicability and economy. The bellows compensator is a flexible element with the bellows as the core, which makes axial, transverse and angular compensation on the pipeline. The axial compensator is to reduce the self excitation of the medium. There is no inner sleeve inside the product, which limits the radial compensation ability to a great extent, Therefore, it is generally only used to absorb or compensate the axial displacement of the pipeline (if a small amount of radial displacement is really required in the pipeline system, the maximum radial displacement can be explained when ordering): transverse displacement compensator (large pull rod) mainly absorbs the lateral displacement perpendicular to the axis of the compensator. The small pull rod lateral displacement compensator is suitable for absorbing the lateral displacement, and can also absorb the combination of axial, angular and any three directions of displacement: hinge compensator (also known as angular compensator). It is used with two or three compensators (a single hinge compensator has no compensation capacity) to absorb the transverse deformation in the unidirectional plane. The universal hinge (angular) compensator is used together by two or three to absorb the deformation in the three-dimensional direction.
Differences of several compensators
With the increase of the temperature of the transmitted heat medium, the heating pipeline will have thermal elongation. If this thermal elongation cannot be compensated, the heating pipeline will bear huge stress, and even deform and rupture the pipeline. In order to prevent the pipeline from being damaged due to the stress caused by temperature change, various compensators must be set on the pipeline, To compensate the thermal elongation of the pipeline and reduce or eliminate the stress caused by thermal expansion. Therefore, the pipeline compensator is an essential pipeline accessory in the heating system and plays an important role in the safe operation of the pipeline system.
The compensation methods of pipeline include natural compensation and compensator compensation. Natural compensation is to use the natural bending of the heating pipeline, such as L-type or Z-type, to compensate the thermal elongation of the pipe section and eliminate the stress. There is no need for a special compensator for this compensation. Therefore, when arranging the heating pipeline, its natural bending compensation capacity should be used as much as possible. When the natural compensation cannot meet the requirements, a special compensator shall be considered. For indoor heating pipeline, because the length of straight pipe section is short, when the pipeline is arranged properly, it can only rely on natural compensation instead of other forms of compensator. The disadvantage of the natural compensation method is that the lateral displacement will occur when the pipeline is deformed, and the compensated pipe section cannot be very long. When the natural compensation method cannot be used, a compensator must be set to compensate the thermal elongation of the pipeline and eliminate the stress.
There are many kinds of compensators commonly used in heating pipeline, among which the most commonly used compensators are square compensator, corrugated compensator, sleeve compensator and so on. The following coMpares the advantages and disadvantages of the above three compensators in installation and use.
Square compensator is also called square expansion force or expansion force bending. It is made of pipe bending or elbow assembly welding. It uses the elastic deformation of elbow to absorb thermal expansion. The square compensator must be made of high-quality seamless steel pipe, and the whole compensator is best made by simmering with one pipe. The square compensator has the advantages of convenient manufacture and installation. Compared with sleeve compensator and corrugated compensator, the axial thrust acting on the fixed support is small and the thermal compensation is large. It can be used under various pressure and temperature conditions; It does not require frequent maintenance, so it does not need to set up an inspection well for it. Because of the above advantages, square compensator is widely used in heating pipeline. The disadvantage is that the overall size is large and the floor area is large, so the application of square compensator is limited by the site. Because the square compensator is made of elbow or pipe bending, the flow resistance of heat medium is large. When installing the square compensator, in order to reduce the deformation elasticity of the compensator and improve the compensation capacity, the outer arm must be pulled apart for a certain length in advance and then installed on the pipeline.
Corrugated compensator absorbs thermal expansion by the elasticity of corrugated pipe wall. The advantages of corrugated compensator are coMpact structure and only axial deformation. CoMpared with square compensator, it occupies a small space and can be directly buried. The disadvantage is that it is difficult to manufacture, low withstand voltage and small compensation capacity. Its compensation ability is related to the overall dimension, wall thickness and pipe size of the corrugated pipe. The higher the pressure, the thicker the wave wall and the smaller the pipe diameter, the greater its rigidity and the smaller the compensation ability. Therefore, the waveform compensator is generally used for occasions where the nominal pressure is less than or equal to 1.0Mpa and the nominal diameter is greater than or equal to 150mm. It is mainly used for large-diameter pipelines under atmospheric pressure and low pressure. During installation, in order to prevent the corrugated pipe from being damaged due to distortion, it must ensure that the compensator only expands axially. Therefore, it is applicable to the straight pipe section at both ends and should be set in the middle of the two fixed points as far as possible. If it is required to be set on the curved pipe section, the compensator with fastening device shall be adopted, which can ensure that only axial deformation of corrugated pipe occurs. In addition, attention shall be paid to the connection direction during installation, and measures shall be taken to prevent the bellows from being damaged. It is strictly prohibited for the spreader to act directly on the bellows during lifting. It is strictly prohibited to forcibly adapt to the installation deviation of the pipeline by corrugated bending, distortion and deformation. All movable elements of the corrugated joint shall not be stuck or limited by external components. During welding, the corrugated pipe shall be protected from splashes falling on the corrugated pipe. Sleeve compensator, also known as packing compensator, has two kinds of cast iron and steel.
Cast iron sleeve compensator is used for the connection of flange and pipeline. It is only used for pipelines with nominal pressure less than 1.3Mpa and nominal diameter less than 300mm. The steel casing compensator is welded with the pipeline and can be used on the pipeline with nominal pressure less than 1.6Mpa. There are two kinds: unidirectional and bidirectional. It has a wide scale in the market and has been widely used in recent years. The sleeve compensator has the advantages of small size, large thermal compensation capacity and small hot water resistance. The disadvantage is that the axial thrust is large, and an inspection chamber must be built to repair and replace the packing. With this compensator, if the pipeline is laterally displaced, the packing ring is easy to get stuck, resulting in the core pipe can not expand freely. Therefore, it is only suitable for straight pipeline and is usually set at the end point of one end of the pipe section. Sleeve compensator can be used if other compensation cannot be used due to installation conditions. When installing the sleeve compensator, attention shall be paid to:
- 1. When the diameter of the heat supply pipeline is less than 350mm, it shall be fixed near the fixed support, and the distance between the compensator and the fixed support shall not be greater than 4 times the pipe diameter; When the diameter of the heating pipeline is greater than 400mm, a sliding support of corresponding scale shall be added under the compensator.
- 2. The deviation between the simple straight line of the core pipe and the axis of the shell shall not be greater than 3mm / m. The installation method is to cut off the pipe section of the same length according to the length of the compensator after the pipe is connected, and then weld the compensator with the pipes at both ends, so as to ensure the concentricity of the core pipe and shell of the compensator. In addition, before installation, the extension length of the core pipe shall be checked, sufficient shrinkage shall be reserved according to the actual temperature at the installation site, and the medium direction shall be consistent with the arrow direction on the compensator. To sum up, each compensator has its advantages and disadvantages, and there are great differences in installation and use. When using them, we can according to the actual situation, select the best to make the operation of the heating system safer and more stable.
Source: China Pipe Compensator Manufacturer – Yaang Pipe Industry (www.epowermetals.com)
(Yaang Pipe Industry is a leading manufacturer and supplier of nickel alloy and stainless steel products, including Super Duplex Stainless Steel Flanges, Stainless Steel Flanges, Stainless Steel Pipe Fittings, Stainless Steel Pipe. Yaang products are widely used in Shipbuilding, Nuclear power, Marine engineering, Petroleum, Chemical, Mining, Sewage treatment, Natural gas and Pressure vessels and other industries.)
If you want to have more information about the article or you want to share your opinion with us, contact us at [email protected]